The legal industry is now focusing more on changes in Information Technology. Case Management Software, document management, email encryption, time tracking, billing contacts, case calendars and more have created an even greater dependency on IT infrastructure security, performance, and reliability. Document collaboration, video conferencing and mobile devices are making IT security a critical business problem. However, with all of these demands on IT, very few legal firms have adapted to IT demands and needs. Lawyers and their clients face a risk from IT changes
Technology Trends in the Legal Industry
Based on our knowledge of providing IT infrastructure hosting and management solutions to our lawyer clients, here are some of those trends which we feel have come to fruition and will continue to mature.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Starts Spreading to Laptops and Tablets, especially in smaller firms and will continue to grow.
- Firms will spend most of their money on Document and Case Management Software rather than Practice Management Software.
- A law firm website is now the essential element of its marketing. Hinge research showed that 77% of professional firms generate new business leads online. 70% of law firms in another survey said their website generated new matters.
Do you really need to Go Cloud ?
If it’s a Yes to most of the questions below, you can consider migrating to the Cloud in a phases:-
- Is the growth of your data increasing, and your IT infrastructure cannot keep up?
- Are legacy systems becoming obsolete and harder to support?
- Are the number of sites, devices, systems and users increasing?
- As everything is expanding, is your ability to manage risk, security, and compliance also growing?
- Does finance want to move from a capital to an operating expense model?
- Is your existing IT infrastructure fragmented and becoming more complex to manage and monitor?
- Is maintenance more burdensome and licensing, and support contracts becoming problems?
We can provide your Legal Firm with:
- Consultation for your entire IT infrastructure
- Application hosting (including all types of Case Management Systems).
- Document Management System implementation and its support services.
- Connect Multiple locations securely, to access information across all locations.
- Scheduled Off peak hour and off-site backups.
- DR Planning and Management.